Followers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Presentation Is Everything

I am always looking for unique/different ways to display my quilts. I am always asked, where did you find that quilt hanger. This time I tried a different process that I saw in one of the many craft/quilting books that I own. I used wood molding to create a quilt wall hanger for two of my memory quilts.













I used wooden molding from Home Depot. I measured my quilt and added an each on each side. I then cut the molding using that measurement. The molding will have lip on the back side which will allow quilt to lay flat against the molding.


I covered one of the moldings with fabric and painted the other. Once the molding is dry, I added a picture hanger to the back. I then glued my quilt to the lip of the molding back or you can use velcro. This process allows you to decorate your hanger with fabric of your choice, embellish or paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment