Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Have Really Lost My Mind This Time


The Miracle is not that I finished.  The Miracle is that I had the courage to start.
 I have really lost my mind this time.  I have signed up to run a 5K in June.  I have never run a long distance in my life.  I have tried playing recreational sports in my younger days.  Now I wait until now and decide to run a race.  I have secretly wanted to run in a race and finish.  My biggest fear is that I will not be able to complete the race but I am going to try. 

I have been on a weight loss journey now for the past two years.  I have been working out religiously now for 15 months.  Now I am working on being able to run the a 5K.  There is an application for the iphone call "Couch To 5K" I and using this in addition to my workouts to get me ready for this adventure. 

I have also created a quilt to keep me inspired.   I have completed the top and now I need to quilt and bind.  I will hang this quilt in my office at work so I will know that I need to stay strong when the temptation to eat something that I know will not help my dieting.

The Quote that I will stitch in the border:  "The Miracle is not that I finished.  The Miracle is that I had the courage to start"

No comments:

Post a Comment